A Brief History of the Bulletin

The Bulletin first appeared in December 1973, only two and a half years after the Society was founded. It was a quarterly publication intended to reflect members’ research and lively interest in Hornsey’s past. The name was chosen for its association with brevity and urgency. 

Read more

A Brief History of Hornsey Historical Society

There had been talk of the need for a local history society in Hornsey as long ago as 1909 but despite early efforts nothing was achieved until 1971. On 29th April that year, in response to a poster designed and distributed by Margaret Gellay, a young local teacher, about fifty people attended a meeting in Hornsey Library.

Read more