The search for land by Hornsey Councillors also included their purchase of another site on which to locate the new town hall. This was Keller’s Field which lay between Middle Lane and Tottenham Lane in Hornsey.
The field was part of the Elm House estate of goldsmith and diamond merchant Leopold Keller who died at Elm House in 1905. The following year Hornsey Council purchased this part of his property as a site for the new town hall but it was never developed. The field remained open ground until the mid-1930s when it was sold for building plots. Rokesly Infants and Junior Schools appeared as part of that development.
HHS NMPS Collection