The tower was built as part of the medieval church of St Mary when Hornsey was a small rural village in Middlesex. The lower part of the tower is medieval, and was probably completed around 1500.
The Long View Working Group (LVWG) has been set up as a representative group from the wider Hornsey community to:
• Ensure the future physical existence of St Mary’s Tower Hornsey which needs on-going repair and development
• Make the Hornsey community aware of its existence and long history
• Bring the Tower and its lovely open spaces into greater use for the benefit of everyone in our multi-cultural, multi-faith community
• Generate a passion for the future of this ancient environment and ensure it becomes a landmark of Hornsey and its community hub
Here’s how you can help us as members of our local community:
• The “Intimate Space” project has worked to make the Tower room the smallest arts venue in London and we hope that the community here in Hornsey will use the Tower as a space for concerts, educational visits, workshops, meetings, theatre, films and commercial and community events.
Go to: www.intimatespacen8.org