In 2019 a marble tablet or plaque was discovered in a garden in Muswell Hill. Research has shown that it is almost beyond doubt that it belonged to Hornsey Church. It was to the memory of Mary Parsons who died in 1806, and to Elizabeth Decker who died in 1809. It is in remarkably good condition and is 79cm wide and 56cm high.
It is proposed that the tablet be installed on the internal flank wall to the turret stairs of St Mary’s Church Tower. This was discussed and agreed on at the Hornsey Parish Church PCC meeting of January 22, 2020.
An indicative photo of how the plaque will look and supporting documents regarding its installation can be found by clicking the links at the bottom of the relevant page on the Hornsey Parish Church website.